Wednesday, November 25, 2009

AMERICA CAN’T WAIT FOR DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING

In a recent Rasmussen poll, 65% of the American population cannot wait to take things for granted again on the 27th of November, the day after Thanksgiving. The chief pollster, Stephen O’Neill, concludes that the majority of America can only handle one day of collective guilt and introspection a year. “In the same way it’s burdensome for Americans to be kind on Christmas, it is equally difficult for Americans to admit their dependence on other people on Thanksgiving,” O’Neill says. “So they’re really looking forward to going back to their technological detachment and dissatisfaction with anything that does not immediately please on the 27th.” Many Americans will have to see family members - including their annoying parents who have given them life - and force smiles across their faces as they welcome them into their homes. “It will be rough,” O’Neill concludes. “They can’t wait to get back to cutting people off on the highway and not noticing the existence of those around them, let alone talking to their family.” Aside from the gratitude Americans will have to show to their “loved” ones, they will also have to be a bit more broad and force themselves to speak of what they’re thankful for in general. “It’s asking a lot of me to take a second to ponder who picked the coffee beans for my Starbucks latte,” complains Carol Tisch, housewife from Long Island. “I mean, it’s enough I gotta make this damn turkey, you know, but now I gotta sit back and talk about how much I love the fact that I have a roof over my head, let alone a TiVo.” The frustration crosses generational lines too. Teenager Stephanie Flagron, from Dayton Ohio, expresses her anticipation for the 27th. “I know I have to appreciate all my liberties and rights today,” fumes Flagron. “But Brad still doesn’t think I’m hot, so screw it.” While most Americans on the whole claim that they are thankful for the country they live in, an astoundingly high 98% of illegal immigrants are immensely thankful for this wonderful government. "Now there is a group of devoted, patriotic human beings who understand the true meaning and wonderful history of America's thanksgiving," President Obama stated privately after hearing of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment